- Another dimension 15 Dec 2011 There is something new in the familiar views of winter Petersburg, something that is difficult to explain. Here and there one may catch a glimpse of something mysterious and unknown. Quite simple outwardly, Irina Drozd’s landscapes evoke an atmosphere of unexpected gravity; the solemn and majestically deserted city suddenly creates unknown crystal lattices. They grow by their own inner logic along the uneven walls. They are shining, fascinating and threatening.
- ArtEdition 2011, Seoul 08 Dec 2011 ArtEdition 2011, Seoul
- Twilight state 18 Nov 2011 Peter increases tension. He used to depict airplanes, pilots, the aces of the XX century, boxers and the ultimate fighting, the frameworks of Russian ships resting on the muddy bottom of The Tsushima Strait, a wide variety of naked women, Madagascar cockroaches, the stripes of tattooed skin preserved in formaldehyde, a stuffed fox and other animals, and a self-portrait as a naked savage in the cow-parsnip bushes.
- Lecture Sotheby's. Art is valuating Art 17 Oct 2011 Lecture Sotheby's. Art is valuating Art
- "Art behind the Sofa!" in Neuhaus Design Gallery 30 Sep 2011 In 2011 Anna Nova gallery participated in the exhibition of the Neuhaus Design Gallery "Art behind the Sofa!".
- Venus. Mymra. Mona Lisa 25 Sep 2011 Anonymous author, working in street art style, reported that «Venus is mymra (frump)» and «Mona Lisa is sh...t». The artist couldn't go through such street images and made some photos, then he put it into the graphic context with his own realization of Mona Lisa and Venus images, which were so cruelty described by anonymous artist.
- "Kosmodvor" by Nadezhda Anfalova in Moscow 20 Sep 2011 Project "Kosmodvor" by Nadezhda Anfalova participated in the main project of 4th Moscow Biennale of Contemporary Art (curator Petr Vaibel) and in exhibition of Kandinsky Prize Nominee
- AHAF Seoul 2011 19 Aug 2011 19 - 21 August 2011 Anna Nova Gallery participated in international art fair AHAF Seoul 2011
- Presentation of a book by Lola Galina "Design code: culture of creativity" 30 Jun 2011 On the 30 of June 2011 in Anna Nova Gallery there was a presentation of a book by Galina Lola, a professorof philosophy, departiment of desing in SPbSU
Opening Day of Galleries in Saint-Petersburg
22 Jun 2011
Opening Day of Galleries in Saint-Petersburg
22 January 2011
5 p.m. - 10 p.m.
- Remains 16 Jun 2011 Remains is some works and ideas from performance «Everything is before itself!» (15th March 2011), when Andrey Kuzkin founded all his works, personal things and staff of the studio in the steel boxes. During all years Kuzkin's romantic nihilism became closer and closer to that moment - any idea at once became a story like hard concrete, in which Andrey walked for hours during the performance «On a Circle».
- Actual Art Night and project Total Contemporary 07 Jun 2011 Actual Art Night and project Total Contemporary
- Empty place 20 May 2011 What is an empty place? These words, it seems, don’t mean anything good. Psychoanalysis explains an empty place as the source of fear; the fear of castration for men and of infertility for women. Freud, taking after Nietzsche, defines a female nature as an empty one par excellence, in the case in question it is similar to a popular swearword ‘prorvi’ and the professional language of dog owners; a bitch without cubs when it’s a fixed time to have them is called ‘pustovka’ (from the word pustota – emptiness). The question is how to change this fixed time, transform it and fill an empty place with the creative power.
- Kosmodvor 14 Apr 2011 A well-known rocket-slide, welded from iron rods, which until recently used to be an omnipresent attribute of children playgrounds, quite wonderfully got to the Moon. Now this beautiful island, embodying the last Soviet generations dream about the cosmic adventures, is placed lonely in an alien desert. A miracle happened, but nowadays it’s not interesting any more – the forgotten attraction is becoming rusty in the outskirts of the universe.
- Fashion Show by Xassa brand 07 Apr 2011 On the 7th of April 2011 in Anna Nova Gallery there was a fashion show by Xassa brand
- Severstal 05 Mar 2011 Finished images don’t seem to be interesting and the mechanisms of their appearance even less so. They are intentionally derivative, because all attention is concentrated on bases, principles and skeletons and this is exactly what is exhibited in Stas Bags’ works. They are about constructions and mechanisms, schematics and structure. They regenerate the reality in order to discover the variability of its composition.
- Exhibiotn "Art For! Sofa" in design gallery NEUHAUS 19 Feb 2011 19.02 - 28.03 2011 in design gallery NEUHAUS there was peresented the exhibition, made by specialists of 4 galleries in Saint-Petersburg "Art For! Sofa"
Anna Nova Gallery on ARCOmadrid 2011
16 Feb 2011
Anna Nova Gallery is pleased to welcome you at the ARCO/Madrid International Art Fair this year at our booth 8G03
Artists on the boooth:
- Exhibition in Grand Cru 03 Feb 2011 In wine bar Grand Cru (Fontanka emb.) there was the opening of exhibition by young artist Janna Kucherenko. Exhibition was made with support of Anna Nova Gallery
- Screens 22 Jan 2011 Jury Alexandrov called his new exhiition «Screens». The artist paints on canvases, taped on the folding constractions. In dictionary ARGO and in old sovient police films there is such term as «shirmach»(screenman). It's a man who draws public attention away from his shady deals with tricks like with screens. So the direct meaning of screens is very important for the artist — to fence off with it, even to hide. He makes something similar with pseudonyms -he hides his real name, replacing it with unpresentable ones or creative team.