22 Dec 2012
"Here is deep-felt symbolic begining, need to restore an vivid connection of the world with itself. Contemporary art with it's variation of forms let to operate with different practices, things and meanings, crossing with religious ones. Video, light boxes with dental models ("stem cells of soul, "monads"")reminding religious objects are votivus gifts or baroque catholic makarb (like Hurst), painting from realistic to semiabstract and finally installation work with space, attempt to create integral experience - all it speaks about wide radius of possibilities, behind which there is a wish to restoration, reconstraction of self world".
07 Dec 2012
Mania grandiosa is a diagnosis of the same name exhibition by three co-authors from the Leningradskaya school, J.Alexandrov, I.Goldenshluger and K.Molokh. Grandiosity — like artists bring us — isn't large sizes; Vuchetich and Tsereteli were lessening but their creations were growing. Artist looks more impressive in front of his canvas, decreased to a stamp size. Especially if this stamp-canvas is a reproduction of his own work, made by himself. «We don't copy works by Old Masters — we challenge, making our works in small size: those that have already been done, those that will be done and those that will never be done», - Ivan Goldenshluger says.
Proces of passing 3
02 Nov 2012
Ivan Plusch traditionally deploys the art of painting to express existential maxims. His art is about the course of time, although he doesn’t make video because it’s impossible to make an endless film. There need to be characters, plot, metaphors and summarizing images. That’s why Plusch prefers more abstract and traditional for XX century ways of transmission genuine pictures of reality which are canvases and spatial installations. He makes them looking alike artifacts, fixing traces of life processes.
25 Sep 2012
In the begining of a new season the Anna Nova gallery presents a second personal exhibition of a young Saint Petersburg artist Stas Bugs. The project ‘Collapse’ is very personal and any comment is superfluous. The projct is the artist’s first experience of working with wood.
According to the author’s design, the minimum information is given about the exhibition.
- "Pool" 10 Aug 2012 Scenic design by Oleg Maslov "Pool" was implemented by the author in the late 2000s and is represented in the gallery as part of the group exhibition "Heaven and Earth" dedicated to the 5 th anniversary of the gallery.
- Young korean artist 28 Jun 2012 My Self-Portrait is a kind of performance without an audience, only to be photographed since it is portray of my desire rather than the reality. I return back to my adolescent years and actualize my fantasy; suicide by jumping off the building. There was a day I recalled my time of my adolescent years. At that time, I was sitting on the edge of my apartment in New York and looking over the cityscape. I had a thought that suddenly my youth was coming to an end and I could not figure out the future. I sat on the edge and looked down. Then I saw the void.
- Rejection 11 May 2012 Group «Soap» (Semen Motolyanets, Dmitry Petuhov), laureates of All-Russian Contemporary Art Competition «Innovation» 2009, participants of Ural Industrial Biennale and exhibition «Russian Povera» in Milan, are well-known for public in Saint-Petersburg. In spite of all artists haven't had any personal exhibition yet. All state institutions usually are afraid of any contacts with representatives of Action Art and group «Soap» could be called the part of this direction. All their projects, performances propose contact with the audience.
- Spinning powers of imprudence 23 Mar 2012 Language is the main character of the last project of Kulkov. The exhibition's title is borrowed from an article by the artist Jacques Derrida, "Kogito and history of madness", dedicated to a book of Michel Foucault. In this text Derrida shows the contradiction of the conception of Foucault to describe the madness of a language the mind, which it opposed.
- Scripture 02 Mar 2012 In the new exhibition Jury Alexandrov tries to do imposible: to transform an image into the word and the word - into the image without any calligraphy's tricks, Appoliner's caligraphy, Bruner's "pictopoetry" and Magritte's "informant". Opening 2d March 2012 at 19.00. Exhibition goes till 10th March 2012
- Ambivalence 28 Jan 2012 Freedom like corruption: artist and homo sacer. Haim Sokol made the project in coordination with workers form Kyrgyzstan — guest workers and illegal immigrants.